Are you an investor? Have your investments grown to such a scale that they need reorganisation, cost cutting or to be streamlined?
Do ever-changing regulations mean that you need to reorganise your assets?
Or maybe you have a large personal portfolio? Perhaps your relationship with your asset manager or bank manager are not as good as you would like it to be and you need an advisor to help you streamline your business matters? Maybe you also wish to look into your succession planning options, or even safeguarding your assets from ever-changing legal, tax and geopolitical conditions.
Our team has over 20 years’ experience in organising and restructuring assets internationally. We not only look at regulatory issues, but also at the practical side of asset management. We understand business and know that our clients are time poor. We take into account our client’s specific situation and structure their assets by applying the optimal solutions for their portfolio and make sure their interests are safe and cost streamlined. We give our clients the ability to secure the transfer of their assets to their designated heirs.
Why do clients choose us?
Extensive international experience
- We have been following the changing geopolitical situation as well as the regulatory, legal and tax rules since the late 1990s. For more than 20 years we have been advising clients who have entrusted us with their assets, succession plans or asset management.
- Throughout those years, we have established more than 150 family structures aimed at safeguarding family assets. In over 20 of them Dr. Anna Maria Panasiuk personally acted as a trustee, asset guardian, executor or member of the supervisory board.
- We anticipate legal and tax changes and ensure that your family assets are properly organised.
- We identify areas in structures that can create risks and cause potential problems; We remember that diversification is key and constantly remind our clients about it!
- We help you reorganise your assets to optimise your costs. We monitor extensively and constantly negotiate operating costs in Poland and abroad.
- We manage multi-layered liquidations of complex international structures on behalf of our clients. We assist in relocating companies between jurisdictions.
- We develop schedules of planned activities taking into account the cost and the time needed to implement them.
- We assist in negotiations and in managing relationships with financial institutions to help you obtain financing.
- We support clients in their decision-making process.
- We identify risk areas in the structure, we conduct legal and tax audits, and with support from our sister company, BE THERE, we also provide business audits.
We’ve done it before!
- We create international holding structures based on your family relationships or business preferences. We have already created over 150 such structures for our clients.
- We reorganise existing international structures, relocate them across borders or transfer assets.
- We manage the liquidation of structures and the repatriation of assets. We manage the liquidation of the most complex and neglected international structures.
- We assist our clients in changing their tax residence, in mitigating dual tax residence risks, in fulfilling their foreign exchange obligations, and in dealing with their exit tax obligation in cases of loss of tax residence in Poland.
- We provide trustee services through a private overseas trust; we also take part in inheritance proceedings outside of Poland. We have so far assisted over 20 families.
- We ensure that international inheritance proceedings go smoothly and safely.
- We create and operate overseas family trusts.
- We act as a mediator in conversations with banks and Investment Funds to ensure that our clients’ asset management costs are optimal. We have so far been involved in the opening of over 200 investment accounts in over 20 financial institutions in Europe and worldwide.
- We support our clients in negotiations.
- We provide legal and tax support to minimise losses resulting from failed investments. We help investors reorganise their financial affairs and withdraw from loss making business ventures.
We have over 20 years’ experience in managing succession projects and handling inheritance proceedings both in Poland and abroad. We have developed multiple solutions to protect your assets. For years we have been preparing wills, donation/endowment or foundation statutes for our clients, taking into account the individual financial situation and family relationships.
PRIVATE EQUITY INVESTMENT TRUST VS ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENT COMAPNY. YES TO INVESTMENTS BUT NO TO COSTS
Simplifying the investment structure by transferring assets from a Private Equity Investment Trust into a general partnership and its merger with an Alternative Investment Company – preparing to carry out investment activities through a more flexible and cheaper to maintain special vehicle – structuring transactions, carrying out negotiations, providing comprehensive legal services and tax oversight, representation before the Financial Supervision Commission.
SUPPORT IN MONETISING A $2 MILLION INVESTMENT ON THE US MARKET, PLANNING ASSET PROTECTION AND SUCCESSION
Advising a shareholder on an M&A pertaining to shares in a US company (a leader in Java Environments); tax advice, including the planning and drafting of documents, implementation and coordination of the funds between the parties of this international transaction. Transfer of assets with diversification of the subsequent allocation of funds from the investment, succession planning and becoming an executor.
SAFEGUARDING INVESTOR’S INTEREST IN FINANCING OF REAL ESTATE COMPANY
Managing the refinancing of company involved in prime real estate, carrying out negotiations, providing a loan, as well as putting in place a number of security features (such as: mortgage, guarantees) in order to safeguard the interests of the investor, monitoring settlements, coordinating exit from investment and final statement.
EXIT FROM INVESTMENT AND REDUCTION OF STRUCTURE COSTS, ASSET PROTECTION
Preparing a company from Cyprus for the sale of shares in a listed entity (a leader in fin-tech, a search, financing and trading platform for real estate) to a leading media group in Europe, and the subsequent redomiciliation to Poland; subsequent settlement in the context of CFC tax and securing assets after the transaction.
RELOCATION OF COMPANY HEADQUARTERS WITHIN THE EU – ASSET PROTECTION AND COST REDUCTION
Redomiciliation within Europe is often carried out to protect a holding company’s assets or to optimise its management costs. Among others, we have expertise in the following jurisdictions: United Kingdom, Luxembourg, Cyprus, Poland, the Netherlands, etc.
BUILDING A STRUCTURE IN THE EVENT OF GENERATIONAL CHANGE, I.E. FAMILY SUCCESSION PLANNING FOR AN INTERNATIONAL GROUP OF COMPANIES (EU, SOUTH EAST ASIA, SOUTH AMERICA)
Succession planning for a large group of food production companies operating internationally as a subcontractor for global brands. In order to replace the controlling party – a natural person, it was necessary to insert a holdings company into the structure and to restructure the entire organisation to optimise it. One of the challenges was to choose the most favourable solution to allow streamlined operations in a multi-jurisdictional scenario encompassing Poland, the EU, South East Asia and South America.
SECURING ASSETS FOR SUCCESSION BY THE BENEFICIARY OF LARGE M&A DEAL
Putting in place solutions securing the succession position of a natural person benefiting from a large M&A deal. Support in drafting the will and acting as a trustee and executor.
DEVISE AND IMPLEMENT A SUCCESSION PLAN FOR A WELL-KNOWN ARISTOCRATIC FAMILY
Comprehensive advice provided to a wealthy aristocratic family regarding the transfer and safeguarding of family assets, support in repatriating funds back to the family.
PROVISION OF FIDUCIARY SERVICES TO INTERNATIONAL ARISTOCRATIC FAMILY
Managing the Polish assets of an international aristocratic family. Provision of financial, legal, tax and corporate, as well as administrative and fiduciary services.