Are you an entrepreneur? Has your business grown so much that it needs some structuring, and your key assets need protection against business and geopolitical risks?
You wish to be more involved in investment that you have been to date? As you know perfectly well, capital needs particular protection these days, and it has become more difficult than ever before.
You have sold your company’s shares, invested in a new business, diversified your portfolio but still keep thinking if you did it right and how else to protect your assets and your family’s future?
What do we know about wealth planning?
Our team can boast of over 20 years of experience in ordering and restructuring assets on an international basis. Estate planning or wealth management services have been popular worldwide for many years, and we have learned from the best. We take care not only of legal and tax security or succession issues. First of all, we pay attention to the practical part of asset maintenance and management, since we understand how business works and that our clients have no time to spare. We try to take the client’s specific situation into account. When structuring private and corporate assets, we choose optimum solutions to ensure security and to streamline the costs.
Our services for our clients
- We organise holding and family structures in an international environment, taking into account family preferences or the type of business operations. (more than 150 structures created for our clients)
- We reorganise existing foreign structures, relocate them or transfer assets transnationally.
- We handle liquidation of structures and transfer of assets back to Poland. We liquidate the most complex and “neglected” international structures.
- We assist in change of tax residence, manage the risk of double tax residence, fulfillment of obligations related to foreign currencies or of the exit tax obligation if the client loses Polish tax residence.
- We act as trustees in private foundations abroad.
- We handle succession proceedings abroad (we have helped 20 families).
- We ensure smooth and safe process of succession with cross-border implications.
- We establish and run foreign family foundations.
- We intermediate in contacts with banks and investment fund companies, streamlining the costs of managing investment portfolios for our clients (we have opened over 200 investment accounts in more than 20 financial institutions in Europe and worldwide).
- We assist our clients in negotiations.
- We ensure legal and tax support to minimise the losses caused by failed investments, help the investors fix their financial standing and back off from an unprofitable business.
Our focus areas
- We have been following the changing geopolitical, regulatory, and tax law conditions in Europe and worldwide since late 1990s. For more than 20 years, we have been providing services to clients who entrusted us with their assets, succession, or wealth supervision.
- In anticipation of the changes, we ensure proper organisation of family assets.
- We look to asset security, choosing simple solutions with low costs of maintenance. We know that a solution to be used for years must not be expensive to maintain.
- We identify the areas that may potentially generate risks and problems;
- We remember and remind our clients about diversification!
- We ensure comprehensive supervision of and negotiate management costs for liquid assets portfolio. We know how to negotiate on behalf of our clients.
CLOSE-END PRIVATE EQUITY INVESTMENT FUNDS VS ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENT COMPANIES, OR YES TO INVESTMENTS, NO TO COSTS
We have reorganised and simplified the investment structure by transfer of assets from a close-end private equity investment fund (FIZAN) to an Alternative Investment Company (ASI). Then, together with the client, we have devised a time schedule of further investments and its implementation. At the moment, we are supervising the client’s investments in their existing investment structure.
HANDLING INVESTMENT SALE ON THE U.S. MARKET (WORTH USD 2mn), PLANNING ASSET AND SUCCESSION PROTECTION
We advised one of the shareholders on an M&A transaction concerning a US company being a leader of Java runtime environments. Our services included international legal and tax consultancy on exit from the investment, and full-fledged support in succession planning (including taking up the function of executor of the will). We have diversified the investments and secured the family’s interests against current risks arising from pandemic-related complications.
TRUSTEE SERVICES FOR A FOREIGN ARISTOCRATIC FAMILY
Management of assets located in Poland and owned by a foreign aristocratic family. Financial, legal, tax consultancy, corporate, as well as administrative and trustee services.